Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I hate winter

I haven't ran much in the last few weeks.  I knew it would be hard with Jason having evening classes 4 nights a week.  Throw in some sub zero temps and I'm toast!  I ran 4 miles, then didn't run for a week, then did a 4 mile race, then didn't run for a week, then ran last night and tonight.  Only 2 miles each b/c that's all I have time for.  I literally get home from work, change and go run while Jason fixes dinner and feeds the kids. Then when I get home from my run, we kiss and he's off!  Not to be seen again until 10:30!

It's not ideal, however the weather has been to nice to let the opportunity pass me by.  I prefer running outside and with only 1 vehicle I have no way to get to the DRC after he's gone.  I hate missing dinner with the family, however I have to put myself first sometimes and that's my 25 minutes.  I've come so far,  I'm teetering so close to 50 pounds lost that I just want to get there!  Then move on to my next goal!!  Then the next :O)

3 comments:

Shannon Ivy said...

You are doing awesome Angel!

I know I have NO excuse for "no time", especially after they squishing you have to do to get yours in!

Tara said...

Not having enough time is the story (excuse) of my life. There are days when I literally do not sit down until 9pm. It's hard!

Tara said...

Another thought I just had - since you are having a hard time fitting in the running, why don't you try to focus on eating super healthy right now? It might help you to not feel quite so bad on days when you just can't fit in the exercise.